PHONE CONSULTATION WITH ELIZABETH: how it works:
1. We talk on the phone for about an hour, but please leave a ninety-minute window for the call from the starting time, as I occasionally assign a short writing exercise to be done right after the call. (Note: I don’t always do this, sometimes REST and assimilation time are urgently called for! )
2. Make sure you have pen & paper to take notes: I sometimes have you write DURING the session. But don’t worry about getting everything we talk about written down, the organic shifts take place whether you write notes or not.
3. Your confidentiality is paramount–I won’t in person or online in any way discuss you or mention your name as one of my clients. (Unless for some specific reason you expressly request my doing so.)
4. If you want to fill me in on what’s going on with you before your session, the best way is to write me a letter letting me know what your struggles, concerns, habits, pitfalls, fears, delights, and goals are with your project.
If there is some other block or event in your life, seemingly unrelated to writing, that keeps coming up when you’re trying to write or when you’re thinking about your creative path, be sure to include it!
Don’t take more than half an hour to write the letter. Please email it to me 24 hours before our scheduled session time.
NOTE: It’s totally NOT necessary to write me a letter. Just if you want to! If it feels burdensome to do so, please skip it–we can get just as much out of just jamming!
5. I will read up to 20 double-spaced pages (in a 12 point font) of your work for the call if you get it to me 24 hours in advance.
PLEASE don’t worry about polishing your work to send it to me–whatever state it’s in is fine, just go with your gut when you choose what to send along.
Please note that I do not line-edit, proofread, or reply to your work with written comments.
6. I have a 24-hour nonrefundable cancellation policy–if you need to cancel, please let me know 24 hours ahead of time in order to be able to reschedule.
7. I call you: be sure to email me the phone number where you want me to call you at least 24 hours before our session.
8. Make sure that during our phone session you are in a quiet, comfortable place where you won’t be interrupted or disturbed, and it’s also best to NOT be in front of a computer.
Thank you so much for signing up–I’m thrilled to be working together.
I am SO looking forward to our call: my clients are my favorite people and I can’t wait to see what your next leap forward is going to look like!